Millennium x factor Prize
"Changes call for innovation, and innovation leads to progress. — Li Keqiang, economist and Premier of the People's Republic of China
The Millennium X Factor Prize is an open-ended campaign category celebrating innovation across or within any of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. The winning campaign should demonstrate the ability to galvanize peers and sustain active engagement for a full academic year.
Although the campaigns will be time-bound, their impact should pave the way for the next series of student movements to transpire. The winning campaign will be selected based on originality, strategy, and investment in advancing one or more aspects of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda. The Prize and Campaign it enables is supported by The Millennium Campus Network.
What we are looking for: We are looking for campaign ideas that are concrete and can rally your peers to mobilize in this sector. How can you engage youth leaders on other campuses and in communities across the globe to champion advocacy and leadership for the Sustainable Development Goals you hope to achieve?
Dazzle us. We have immense faith in this generation of students to celebrate the diversity and agency within their communities and campuses to drive change from the ground up.
Prize: The best part of this prize is the opportunity to cultivate a community of peers who care just as much about innovation and sustainable development as you do. Here are the specifics:
- Recognition at the Global Campaigns keynote at MCC16 at Howard University
- Co-curate campaign action groups, mobilizing and coordinating with peers who are passionate about your topic at MCC16
- Write for our media partners about your campaign during MCC16
- Co-curate global webinars with the MCN during the academic year to keep peers engaged and involved.
Criteria and Timeline:
- By July 1st (early submissions strongly encouraged): Submit your campaign idea during your delegate application process
- By July 1st: For your idea to be considered over the summer, you must have been accepted and registered as a delegate at MCC16 at Howard University. Win or lose, your involvement is integral to the success of this movement!
- Early August: Prize winner selected
- August 1-5: Prize Winner launches and co-curates campaign action groups
- August 1-5: Millennium X Factor Prize Winner formally recognized in front of all delegates at MCC16 at Howard University
- September-April 2017: Campaign is in action. All delegates and Millennium Fellows with passion for this sector are involved via on-campus action and global webinars
- Summer/Fall 2017: Campaign results shared at MCC17